View Single Post
Old 12-16-07, 12:29 PM   #94
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
By the time you scale the graphics back for good performance, you're left with a glorified Far Cry. To get a true next-gen experience you need the high shaders enabled, and they absolutely kill performance.

I wouldn't go that far. Crysis is perfectly playable using the DX9 path with (ini tweaks to enable some very high settings) at 1680X1050 with a few settings at very high(water, textures), a few at high (shaders to be specific) and a couple of settings at medium (shadows and post processing).

Of course this is with no AA or AF which btw would normally bug me to no end but even without those 2 features enabled Crysis from a graphical viewpoint using the above mentioned settings simply blows anything else out of the water graphically and plays very well to boot so I dont mind it at all for the time being. Also I have gotten to some of the later levels and found the game to still run well staying above 35fps the majority of the time.

For you people dipping into the 15fps range during gun fights I urge you to fiddle with the settings some to get the right balance because as Xion has stated I do not agree with the way some of you run every single setting at Very High and still try to make out that Crysis is Playable when in fact the last time I checked 15-20 fps was horrible.

I am in the process right now of redownloading the Crysis game from EA and will be running the FRAPS benchmarking program to see what I find, I do know that the game has ran exceptionally well for me, even in heavy gunfights I have been in the 30fps range. Stay tuned for this either this evening or sometime tomorrow.

As for Uncharted it is a fantastic looking PS3 game but in all honesty I do not know why a First person shooter is being compared to a platform type adventure which is on a linear track to begin with. Those are 2 completely different types of games. LOL.
SlickRig is offline   Reply With Quote