View Single Post
Old 12-17-07, 10:26 PM   #8
agentkay

Default Re: Draw distance really sucks... do this! *pics included*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
Sorry guys for beeing unspecific here. You create a file called system.cfg and open it with notepad, there you just paste the settings i provided and save it in the crysis main folder and thats it...

Agenkay, all 4 pictures where taken at Veryhigh settings, you can see from the colorgrading for example. Only thing that is changed is the config with those settings in it. And ofcourse there is performance impact when using this config, there is pretty much more grass, bushes, stones, trees and stuff to render, i also changed some LOD settings so furhter away objects and stuff have greater quality, also the distance sprites are pushed away even further away and the sprite quality is cranked up lol...

I cant really say how much this will impact on the performance, try it out and report back here
Yes you are right, sorry but I used some LOD improvements already in my regular cfg and forgot how the regular "high" settings looked like at that spot. *doh*

I removed the cfg and set everything to "high" and performance was around 32fps with my current settings (1080p no AF/AA). After adding your values to the system.cfg the performance went down to 17fps. Then I enabled POM and added 16AF and to my surprise the performance it was only 1 or 2 frames per second slower at the same location like your screenshots. I find that very interesting because I remember that older drivers (I'm using .21) had a much larger performance hit in Crysis with AF.

Thanks again for finding these values. I do think some of them cause a big performance hit but it might be worth to experiment which are keepers and which should be reduced.

I do want to point out that the cause for the blurry mountain textures: enabled texture streaming. It does NOT cost any performance at all to have it disabled as I have previously tested it. r_TexturesStreaming = 0 is a must have on every XP 32-bit system with Crysis.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote