View Single Post
Old 12-27-07, 01:37 PM   #73
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Crysis VS COD 4: A Video Commentary

Quote:
I had so much fun playing COD4 cause the action and story is dynamic unlike in Crysis where the story and action is pretty much boring.
Do you know what dynamic means? it means changes on the fly. Lotsa choices. Neither game is "dynamic" unless your talking about crysis ability to complete objectives in several different ways.

Quote:
You walk then you shoot couple of bad guys, you push the button, then you walk again, or drive...and then again you shoot couple of guys...everything is obvious...
VS you walk, you shoot a bunch of bad guys.. you SIT AT A DOOR so your CO can open it for you because your characters is retarded, you shoot some more guys... wait for ANOTHER door to be opened by your CO..repeat untill end of the game.

Atleast I can drive in crysis.

Quote:
COD4 is a war game...group of soldiers fighting, there are some goals...nothing really to expect from...but it's hell of a fun. Sniper level in COD4 is one of the best i have seen in the last 10 years.
I, as well as many others, also thought it was the most frustrating level in the game. I like sniping and all.. but sniping usually means they dont know where you are..and your high up..ect. When you are being rushed by 100 bad guys in an open field where THEY have places to hide and you..well.dont. It just got tired real fast. I ended up cheating and using the "hide behind the building on the right until backup came" trick.

Quote:
The point is...Performance #1, Features #2...is
And people like you are so eager to flame, are to ignorant to realise crysis scales quite well. Windows XP? High and medium settings? Boom..theres your performance. And it dosn't look bad.