View Single Post
Old 12-27-07, 05:28 PM   #21
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: My HTPC Project (Worklog)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk21
Keep the updates coming, I just stumbled upon this thread. I ordered a Hauppuage WinTV-HVR-1800 MC-Kit, its a dagital/analog HDTV tuner, in digital ATSC/QAM, in analog NTSC, it also recieves fm. It supposed to be a much refined better/quality version of the 1600. I ordered it from newegg and should be recieving it on friday, so i will be updating you on the quality of it. I plan to have more simple uses for it then you do, stick it my rig watch and record my analog chnnels that i recieve from comcast(less than 100 channels), but eventually picking up an antenna and getting some ota loving. Just remember its pci-express, so keep that in mind. It also comes with the official mce remote(black updated version), and is vista certified, not only by Hauppauge, but also by my cousun Jethro(his parents obviously hated with the name they gave him).
Thanks for reading! It helps when people build PCs and make detailed worklogs since it helps people in the future when they build things. Someone over at [H] has a worklog and it answered a few questions about my HTPC just from reading what software the guy used. I'll keep everything as detailed as possible so keep checking for updates.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote