View Single Post
Old 12-29-07, 07:57 PM   #8
agentkay

Default Re: Tweaking Crysis with Gaco Retail_Tweak_Config_v1.0 Can it get any better on Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
Hes right, for once in a history. Shadows on 2048 will cost performance for sure, especially on ATI cards.Also increasing lightbeams to 300 cost more performance. Cant you read that this guy is after more performance? not more eye candy. I tried Cago's config but it didnt give me any better performance than running without cfgs on everything veryhigh. Basically i only got texturestreaming with his config. However i found a custom tweak on the net that gave me about a 10+ fps increase. And it still all those veryhigh settings remains.
I never said that it wouldn't cost performance. Digital_Trans wanted to know if there are ways to get more eye candy and yes there are and I responded accordingly. It is common sense that settings above "very high" will cost some performance but certain people shouldn't act like they turn the game into a slideshow.

Thanks for the new config, I'll give a try (but probably enable POM and change motion blur back to 1)

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote