View Single Post
Old 12-29-07, 08:38 PM   #9
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy
Default Re: Tweaking Crysis with Gaco Retail_Tweak_Config_v1.0 Can it get any better on Vista

Actually this is what he says;
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trans
Is there away to make Crysis in Windows Vista x64 better then what Gaco's retail tweak config file has done so far?
He only ask for ways to make it better. Better can mean both better quality or better performance. I guess he need both, or am i wrong? Anyway, in my config i kept the veryhigh settings for good visuals and tweaked some other things.. result was a 7 - 10 fps increase witch give me an average fps of around 30 with drops to 25.. And it feels rather smooth and definately playable. Cant wait for the new patch...

POM is no good agentkay, it cost around 5 fps and it only looks good closeup. Near distant and distant grounds get blurry because the texture lockup used with POM doesn't support AF, it will look bad. So i suggest you go for more performance and better textures and disable POM. Besides even without POM the textures sill have regular bumpmapping. Do what fits you best with motionblur and stuff. I personally like it when the mountains and distance are blurred slightly. It looks better.
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote