View Single Post
Old 01-03-08, 06:53 PM   #19
spirited1

Default Re: Twinks.....so whats your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvahlish
Yes...I play the horde....and yes, we do very well in BG's.

I wonder why that is?
It's because when you're young, the desire to play a knight in shining armour is stronger than the desire to play an evil character (I know Horde isn't evil exactly, but that's how they appear to people new to the game). You want to be the hero. And what is more heroic in an MMO than a Paladin?

As you age, you're no longer content with playing the hero and you view evil characters as having more interesting layers than goody goodies.

So that explains the faction choices. As to why Horde are <generally> more skilled than Alliance, well, it's the age thing again. The more mature you are, the more skilled you are, because you understand the capabilities and skill sets of your chosen class better than a younger player.

That's not a knock against the alliance, or Pallies. I know plenty of players who do not fall into the above categories, such as skillful, mature Alliance players. But it remains true for the majority of players, simply because that's just the way we're made.