View Single Post
Old 01-04-08, 09:32 PM   #34
Danothemano
themanotheman

Default Re: Warner to go Blu-ray exclusive May 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaco
This is good for the consumer. Blu-ray is not just Sony. The "Sony is evil, owns the BD format 100% and will f**k the consumer in the wallet a frenzy of monopoly-craze" is HD DVD propaganda IMO. Sony actually have a wide range of partners in the format development, patents, studios and not least hardware manufactorers. If the format war didn't end soon it would've been the end of High Definition Media all-together. Now we actually have a chance of seeing HDM in the form of Blu-ray growing large and perhaps even one day with much cheaper player and software prices, going mainstream.
I'm not saying that they will raise the price, I just think that it will take some time for it to come down to a reasonable price. Sony is a great company, don't get me wrong, but in the past, a few products have been a little...expensive. Probably wont get a Blu-Ray player until they come to around the $100-125 mark.