View Single Post
Old 01-06-08, 04:29 PM   #32
Redeemed

Default Re: Crysis Retail Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
I remember all these videos with smooth Crysis gameplay touting that it was running an 8800GTX and quad. So those were lies then? Probably taken at 1-2 FPS then run through some video software to get them to look faster than they were.

I don't understand you guys that argue Crysis doesn't have linear gameplay. The whole first part and in the alien ship are on rails as much as anything else is??? Other parts give you more freedom but its not like they gave you an island to do what you want to, there are still limitations in the maps and sections you cannot get to.
More than likely that is how those videos were taken. No where did they ever claim how they got those videos- was it a "real-time capture" like what FRAPS does, or what you referred to? No where did they claim either. People just jumped to conclusion. I had my doubts when I saw those videos, hence why I'm now not disappointed. It actually exceeded my expectations.

And I'll agree that the game is still very linear. But it is a lot less linear than many FPSs. Honestly, the only non-linear game I've played is Oblivion- every other game is linear to one degree or another.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote