View Single Post
Old 01-08-08, 09:52 AM   #14
ENU291
Die spammer!! DIE!!!

Send a message via AIM to ENU291 Send a message via Yahoo to ENU291
Default Re: 360 vs PS3: Different viewpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciDemon
XBMC is being ported to linux, it will be the same as on xbox with better support for HD.

To me a media centre is something you actually store media on (the reason I got the original xbox in the first place, xbmc). the 360 blows here as you can only rip and store audio CDs, you can't change the HDD and the bigest one isnt very big at all.

I think media extention is a nice idea, but If i wanted my puter turned on while watching movies etc, id just use that one directly and save on power, for a console the 360 is a powerhog too, and loud.

Cant speak for the ps3 as I dont have one yet, but to me it looks better on paper, and you can officially install linux on it.
hehe, Xbmc on the ps3 anyone ?
A while back I checked out a PS3 running Linux (Yellowdog I believe) and it was painfully slow. I guess the limited memory (256mg) was the deal breaker.
EVGA 8800GTX; Asus MSN-SLI Deluxe mobo; Athlon X2 5200+(225X13/2.93GHZ); Corsair XMS TWIN2X (1024X4); WD Raptor 150GB HD; MAXTOR 500GB HD; CL X-Fi XtremeGamer; Xbox360 HD-DVD; Plextor 18X DVD-RW/+RW; Dell 2707WFP

Registered Linux User # 444118 Xbox360 GamerTag: StryderXx PSN ID: StryderXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Gamers are the most unhappy and miserable consumer group I know of. Just sit back, relax and have fun.
ENU291 is offline   Reply With Quote