View Single Post
Old 01-10-08, 06:49 PM   #17
fizix

Default Re: New Cevat Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC
I don't know what you're ranting about. An 8800 GTX does just fine with the game on high settings. Some people even use the config tweaks to enable some of the very high effects. Yes you can't play it at 1920x1080 at that setting, but he never said you could.

It seems pretty clear in the interview that he means recent gaming rigs (basically 8800s) can run the game on high, older gaming rigs (equivalent to GeForce 7800) can run the game on medium, and bottom line gaming rigs (equivalent to GeForce 6800) can run the game on low. And Very High is more or less reserved for future cards or SLI.

If you look at the very old videos despite what many people think, the game did not look anywhere near as detailed. I think it's safe to say that the graphics displayed in those videos were about equivalent to the medium setting. So what may have been high then may be medium today. I really recommend people to dig up some very old screenshots and videos. Many of them have low resolution textures, bad draw distances, or just not many objects in the scene.
Ah yes, dig up some old screenshots.
just kidding. don't take me seriously, I understand your points but regardless they dont soften the animosity towards being unable to play crysis without a hitch like I anticipated
eVGA 8800GTX@630/1040/e6600@3.3GHz 38C 1.3v w/thermalarmor Big Typhoon cooling/2x800mhzPC6400/eVGA 680i/Modular 650W/ViewSonic '19lcd/3DMark06:12k
fizix is offline   Reply With Quote