View Single Post
Old 01-11-08, 02:05 PM   #26
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: Party's over folks... Universal is not renewing HD-DVD contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Gaco, a PS3 fanboy shouldn't call someone else a fanboy, seeing as how PS3 fanboys are the worst type imaginable.

What HD DVD player do you have? If you don't have one, you're nothing but a BD fanboy. I've had both since inception.

Also:

You're dreaming if you don't think there will be double dips of current BD's once 2.0 comes out. You don't think Warner will re-release 300 with the HD DVD features for 2.0? Keep telling yourself that.
HD DVD and Blu-ray are basically identical as technologies; they both offer the same stunning visuals and audio, interactive features and more capacity. The differences are really in the details IMO. Going back to SD DVD or resorting to piracy in spite of loving HDM just because HD DVD, the format some people bet on, didn't come out on top in the format war is fanboynism. What you own proves nothing. If you feel bias-free and totally rational just because of the fact that you had the funds of buying into both formats, congratulations.
I have a PC which I prefer for gaming but I also have a Nintendo Wii, Xbox360 and Playstation 3. I primarily bought the PS3 as a Blu-ray player though I could have easily gone with the much cheaper Xbox360 HD DVD drive + 5 free movies. I chose Blu-ray back in December because I thought it had all nearly the advantages but most importantly the greatest chance of winning the format war. This makes me a fanboy? I think not... if HD DVD would've won, I would of course be somehow frustrated and annoyed, but without thinking twice switched over to HD DVD instead, not limiting myself to SD DVD or piracy because I bet for the wrong horse.

What I meant is that no 2.0 movie will be released with an accompanying 1.1 version on the market. And I think we will see very few, if any, double dips just to add a minor 2.0 functionality into a movie, but that's just my prediction.
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote