View Single Post
Old 01-12-08, 01:00 PM   #55
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: Party's over folks... Universal is not renewing HD-DVD contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Gib-McFragger=-
Blu-ray is more future proof man, it's has M0r3 gigabytz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More space is good for cramming more useless 'features' and 'extras' onto the discs. That makes them FUTURE PROOF!!!!

Let's be honest. If Sony wasn't buying off every production company in existance, Blu-ray would be dead. It is an inferior media which unfortunately has more movie titles at the moment. That is the only thing saving it's arse. The players cost more and are only now catching up to HD-DVD in terms of features and navigation.
You're opinion, fine. Media authors will always find ways to take advantage of every last MB that is at their disposal. Ironically those "useless features and extras" is apparently the main argument pro HD DVD besides having cheaper 1080i machines with a format not commited to the 1080p 24 FPS standard.

If you only care about the movie, Blu-ray has currently same video quality, but more often uncompressed audio tracks. Player price are just 10-30$ more expensive on 1080p players last time I checked. If you want to have a 1080i player you can have it cheaper though. But the player being a one-time expense, I consider software prices a lot more important and those are in for both formats the same.

And lets be honest. HD DVD Promotion group bought off Paramount Pictures half a year back as well. Sony was just better at marketing and made a good choice of throwing in the BD drive in the PS3 (from the perspective of the format war, not gaming console war) and Blu-ray was just selling better all along.
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote