View Single Post
Old 01-15-08, 11:58 AM   #20
nVJoe

Default Re: I quite WoW today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Actually, grinding for my hunter's mount, took fricken ages; and more then 6 hours. Realms down, so will have to pull a screenshot off the web
Trust me, grinding in WoW is VASTLY easier than EQ or EQ2. IN EQ you needed a group to kill the same mob over and over and over. And most the time you had to get in line to kill the mob. So you get in line to kill it when the respawn time is 20 minutes. This took months on end and if you died... YOU LOST ALL YOUR LOOT AND MONTHS OF XP! Sure they lessened the death penalty after 6 years of that stupid game but only a self-hating moron would play a CRAPPY! game like EQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
They arn't called welfare epics for no reason. PvP sucks balls in wow. Essentially its a 2 step process... #1 pick a class thats good in pvp (some totaly fail, some are ok.. some own), #2 pickup your epics at the vendor.

Of course that just brings the worth of pvp gear to rock bottom. The only victim here is they chose to reuse tier 4-6 gear graphics making it harder to tell those with skill apart with those who have an hour to burn a week in arenas.
PVP in WoW is the best of any MMO bar none. The movement, battle engine IS just the best. The whole idea is to move you through PVP to keep it from being stale.

PVP gear is different than tiered gear. You don't wear PVP gear in raids.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote