View Single Post
Old 01-15-08, 04:59 PM   #50
Dvahlish

Default Re: End game...is it the end for some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
Yeah I've been hit by that a few times. In some cases it has worked to my advantage, got me some distance from the grind so I could heal.

I need to learn to be able to spot these things as they are being cast, because as a tauren druid I have many ways of stopping them in their tracks. If I would have dropped a stun on that 25 pally while he was healing for example, I definitely would have won. Problem is I've never seen a pally heal before so I didn't know how to recognize it. It doesn't look the same as the druid heal.

Locks are definitely a problem for me though, in that I have much more difficulty against them than other classes. I think beating them is a matter of being able to time my attacks correctly and being able to anticipate what attacks they might use next. The fear thing can only be used three times I think, and so long as I use cat form I can always retreat and heal until he simply can't cast it anymore, then finish him off.
You know what....sometimes, your just gonna get killed and thats the way PVP goes.
Your not going to be able to save yourself from every race and class that decides your going down.

As for locks.
They are overpowered and I dont even bother with them.

Even if you can determine what they are going to use (normally 3 or 4 dots to start with, COA is the killer) then a minion attacking you, while that fire at you with shadow bolt and a wand, if your really tough they will more than likely fear and death coil you.

So....even if you can determine whats coming next, there isnt a lot you can do about it once the onslaught begins.

Personally, I have never been one to sort out and hunt down alli for the sake of it.
I find questing and levelling much more important and after lvl 30+, there is plenty of alli about whether you hunt them down or not (For example Hillsbrad and STV)
I tend to save it for the BG's, where it really matters.

Infact, since I hot the Outlands, there have been times when I have quested with and actually enjoyed the company of some alli.
Last night I completed 2 quests and assisted a Draenei Shammy.
It was actually really cool.

I find it a waste of time to attack, unless attacked, or unless I am in BG's...which seems to be a lot these days.