View Single Post
Old 01-18-08, 12:21 PM   #65
nVJoe

Default Re: I quite WoW today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!
Sorry, but you have clue what you are talking about.
After living that way with a wife and family, I do know what I am talking about.

Quote:
Just because it was cheaper for you to keep your wife at home doesn't mean that everyone has that luxury.
We did not make a lot of money. We also did not spend a lot of money.

Quote:
There are many, many jobs out there that don't pay enough for ONE person to get by on, much less a family. Dual income households are not something people usually do because thats what they want, but because its something they have to do to survive. I'm not talking about people living beyond their means, either, i'm talking about struggling to keep up in conditions you or I wouldn't consider livable.
They do it because it is what is the norm now. That is the reason. If you are in the position that you cannot keep up your responsibilities then it is your own fault. Most people do not know how to manage their money. These same people you are talking about have cell phones, DVD players, eat out all the time etc. I was poor, i know what it is like.

It is quite simple. It costs more to have both parents working, paying for daycare and getting taxed double at the low level of income you are talking about. Oh wait, I am wrong. These people get free day care, free school lunch and so on. I have NEVER taken any government money when I was dead poor.

Quote:
If you don't or can't understand that, don't worry about people lying to us, worry about those rose colored glasses you are wearing.
People like you bother me. It is people like you who helped to create the whole welfare system and the abuse that came with it. People like you see people who can't do. People who are victims. We call people like you liberals. I detest this line of thought. I see people who can. I see people who are capable but for one reason or another, they are not. That is their choice. Very few people truly can't. The rest just don't try.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote