Out of curiosity I just tried recompiling the drivers with support for the FreeBSD AGP since that sort of fixed my problems with the old driver, but no change.
Then, after recompiling again back to the default settings, I tried setting the NvAgp option in my XF86Config to 0. Still no change.
I'm at my wit's end here. Nothing I do seems to make any difference, and it just dies without giving me any indication of what might possibly be going wrong! No messages, nothing in the logs, nothing! I don't want to have to go back to the old drivers, which worked horribly for me, but it's looking like I may have to, working horribly is better than not working at all