View Single Post
Old 01-20-08, 11:31 AM   #22
Xion X2

Default Re: PS3 game load times

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
It's a good game with a great story. I don't praise it blindly, it has alot of flaws both technical and design. I mean KOTOR had a good inventory system yet Mass Effects is total garbage... wtf?

I don't think its one of the best games made on a console by far, its one of the best stories in a game though and has a great cinematic feel but that doesn't make up for the gameplay and technical flaws that shouldn't have been in the game.

Yeah the idea of exploring worlds is awsome but I would have rather it been done well even in a more limited quanitity then giving me such a large selection with just really poor Implementation.
Everyone has their own opinion, so I can respect it even if I disagree with it.

I never played KOTOR, so I can't compare it to that. But I've had no problems with the inventory or anything else. Heck, you have 4-5 weapons to choose from for each character on top of all sorts of special powers/abilities that each of the different species have.

As for the technical flaws, they're overstated, IMO. For a game that looks this good and is this big, you have to expect it to load on the fly in some places. Hell, every character on each planet is detailed on a cinematic level and there are hundreds of them standing and walking around.. what do you expect? There are no generic characters to pass off VRAM for the textures; it's amazing it loads as fast as it does on the console. To have characters as detailed as it does and texture mapping on the rocks etc like it does? I don't think it does too bad myself.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote