View Single Post
Old 01-21-08, 05:39 PM   #89
zoomy942

Send a message via AIM to zoomy942 Send a message via MSN to zoomy942
Default Re: I quite WoW today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
Depends how many years they keep it. But a new car comes with a 36,000 mile warranty typically. Now throw in the matter of just how inept many wives can be when something goes wrong with the car (no, not all); they might be getting a toe before realizing something was wrong with the thing...

But seriously, having to take the thing into the shop all the time, and spend that sorta money in getting the thing worked on; while either having to do without transportation, or get a car rental. No fricken shop in this area has loaner cars. I missed more days of college having to sit in the car shop all day. If it was work, I'd probably have lost a job by then. You live alone, there's no one to take you there. You're married, chances are, you end up late for work everytime you have to take your wife to the shop, and then make sure she's OK... You don't, cause "I need to go to work", and it's the dog house at home. Do, and it's the dog house at work. Bleh...
true, but if you have a repair thats not under warranty, then you are out a car payment, insurance paymebnt and the cost of the repair. whereas, with an older vehicle, if you are lucky enough to get a decent old one, it may need major work once or twice a year, but you pay nothing for it the rest of the time.;
zoomy942 is offline   Reply With Quote