View Single Post
Old 01-22-08, 11:34 PM   #54
nVJoe

Default Re: [Mass Effect] Fox News Is Shocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
sure, but who the hell is the government or anyone else to tell us that they are not good for us?
Who said anything about the government? All those people on that show were private citizens. The government has no business in this. It is up to us as a society to decide on these matter. Those people were debating the topic. Most here get pissed off if the topic is even debated. Look at mezkal or what ever his name is. He flew off the handle and started crying about Christians.

Quote:
first, i dont care what is in video games. as long as they are marked/rated correctly and not sold to minors, i dont care. however, what i do have a problem with, is some group of people talking about how it's bad for society and what not. if it's so bad, THEN DONT ****IN BUY IT.
There is nothing wrong with having this discussion. It is healthy for a society to debate these issue. Why do you not want us to even discuss it?

Quote:
second, if the government were to try to step in to ban this type of content, that would be overstepping their bounds imo. enforce more strict age control and ratings, fine. but limiting content because of minimal nudity is just retarded.
Again, who said anything about the government? I am not for the government banning this. I am for private industry regulating its self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
you don't understand how to change things, yet, do you?

there's a difference between telling people what is wrong/immoral, and teaching them what is wrong/immoral. doing what they did, does nothing. it changes no part of society or anything. the only way to eliminate things like this is to make them socially unpopular, and sitting on a high horse and preaching about how bad it is, just makes people want to do it more.

people only change when they want to change. and things like sexual content, profanity, abortion, etc., will only become unpopular when society as a whole deems them to be unpopular.
You say the only way to change this is to make it socially unpopular yet the moment they start talking about this you say that is wrong. You basically want all opposition to this to be quiet and put up with what it doesn't like. How unfortunate.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote