Thread: Roundups
View Single Post
Old 07-05-03, 01:54 PM   #5
Clay

Default Re: Roundups

Quote:
Originally posted by Bio}{azard
...Don't take this the wrong way guys, I just found myself visiting this site less and less and thought I would share my reasons.

Feedback?
First of all, thanks for the feedback. This whole roundup style was initially not received too well (see this thread). However, that thread quickly changed to pro-roundup style feedback. I've straddled the fence on it and see it as a very useful way to convey more news that doesn't necessarily merit commentary by us news posters. At the same time, however, we want to maintain a good balance of the traditional style posts with our commentary and select quotes from the particular news story.

Perhaps all of the postive feedback we received was from the vocal minority. The only way we can know that for sure, though, is to hear an equal (or larger) amount of feedback from visitors that share your perspective.

Thanks again for your feedback and please encourage others you know to share their thoughts.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'd have to agree with saturnotaku's comments for the most part. This site's primary focus is on NVIDIA-related news, other video card/mobo manufacturer news, gaming news, etc. I personally try to add some diversions to these main areas just to keep some variety here and because I've received positive feedback for doing so in the past.

Quote:
At one time, I remember the site also made it easy for people to post news to you. If this gone or am I just missing it?
Sure, you can always drop us an e-mail at news@nvnews.net (see our FAQs section here on this topic ).

Last edited by Clay; 07-05-03 at 02:04 PM.
Clay is offline   Reply With Quote