View Single Post
Old 07-05-03, 04:04 PM   #11
LinuxHatesMe

lol how'd you manage to kill X? All you need to do once you vi ?X86Config-4?, after installing the drivers of course. Is hit the i button to allow you to insert text, look for those 2 lines that are to be removed and put a # at the beginning of the line. Find the "nv" line under device? I belive it is and change that to "nvidia" hit escape to leave insert mode. Then do :write and that will write the file, aka save it, then just :q to quit and your set. Start up X and you got nvidia drivers locked and loaded!

I heavily agree with VNA9216. I've used a bunch of different distros as well in the last couple years and I find Red Hat to not only be easier and more stable. But more user friendly. Yeah yeah, you hear how mandrake has that nice rpm utitiliy but I'll tell you what. Most of anything you may need to upgrade on mandrake 9.1 has already come compiled on RH9, so willing that you chose to install it at the install time. And rh9 does have a nice little rpm tool as well, I forget the name of it. I'm a command line nut. Don't use the gui much except for im's and irc and such.
LinuxHatesMe is offline   Reply With Quote