View Single Post
Old 01-25-08, 11:31 AM   #3
msxyz
Hybrid Microprocessor

Default Re: XBOXBOX team knowingly launched faulty hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycosV
I've seen the article but to be perfectly honest this seems like a hindsight is 20/20 issue to me. No company would knowingly launch faulty hardware. With more testing they probably could've detected that it was going to become a problem, but that can be said of any hardware failure.

You test untill you think you've got it "good enough" then you release. Microsoft just rolled a critical failure on this one, there wasn't any malice.
Considering it has costed them 1 billion dollars and a huge backlash in terms of popularity, I don't think they were fully aware of the extent of the problem.

And even assuming that they knew that the lifespam of the first generation of consoles would be very short, they wouldn't have produced about 12 millions of them before improving the design!

They could have spent less than a billion and have all the subsequent consoles built with a higher standard or using better cooling/components or whatever is causing early Xboxes to fail so early