View Single Post
Old 01-27-08, 08:45 PM   #812
sillyeagle
sillyego

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stncttr908
Gorgeous screens guys. I'm in search of something other than the standard-faire FPS and RTS, so I think you've all just convinced me to pick FSX up.

Without searching through this entire thread, can you all recommend some "must have" addons for the game?
Depends on what you want to do with the sim. You could probably start by getting the Acceleration expansion, which gives you an F/A-18, a 4000hp P-51, and a military helicopter to fly, as well as lots of new scenery.

A lot of people like the enviornment add ons which give different cloud, sky and water textures, but I like the defaults my self.

The SF-260 by RealAir Simulations is widely regarded as the best general aviation add on you can buy, so that might be a place to start. Not only does it have excellent models, sounds, and textures, but it has what is widely know as the most accurate flight model of any add on.

I also really like the P-40 by Shockwave productions, which is the currently the best WWII warbird you can get. The Dr.I freeware seen in the last few posts is the best WWI aircraft you can get, payware or freeware.
EVGA Intel X58