01-27-08, 08:11 PM
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ...Twisting the Vertices of Reality...
Re: Sometimes Elite 3/4 Red Ring. Problem?
Originally Posted by from XBOX Forums
Sections 1, 3, and 4 are flashing red
- General Hardware Failure
Check the secondary Error Code per the instructions in the section below
THINGS TO TRY
1. Try restarting the console.
2. If restarting the console does not resolve the behavior, follow these steps:
* Turn the console off.
* Unplug all the power and AV cables from the console.
* Unplug the power cord from the wall socket.
* Firmly reconnect all the cables.
* Turn on the console.
3. If these steps do not resolve the behavior, turn the console off, remove the hard drive, and then turn on the console. If the 3x Red LED error light is no longer displayed, turn the console off, re-attach the hard drive, and then turn on the console.
4. Also examine the lights on the power supply. When you turn on the console, the power supply light should illuminate green even if the three lights on the RoL flash red.
If they're flashing it's not normal. If not, then it's probably fine.
Core 2 Duo e6750
Gigabyte N650i DS4 Motherboard
4GB PC 6400 Corsair XMS2 DDR2 RAM
Zalman CNPS 9700 HSF
Thermaltake Soprano Case w/ clear side door and all three fans mounted
Antec TruPower 2.0 PSU
Gigabyte Geforce 8600GTS Fanless
2 x Dvico Hybrid HDTV tuners
1 x Loewe 32" SDTV @ 1440x820 custom res via SVIDEO
(can't afford a new TV just yet)
Originally Posted by NVJoe
In defense of Cooper Lawrence : "I hate gamers and the gaming community."