View Single Post
Old 01-28-08, 11:59 PM   #818
Bman212121

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Full Version Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stncttr908
Thanks guys. I'm probably going to check out the demo and see if I want to plunk down the cash for it plus some decent hardware to really enjoy it. I haven't owned a joystick or anything like that since 1996.

And I just realized that all the flight gear would probably totally upwards of $500. I don't think I'd ever be that serious. For example, I love Silent Hunter 3 and 4, but I never played with really high realism settings. I'd just want an arcade-y flightsim experience.
All you really need is the game and a $40 joystick. FSX is fairly easy to play and is slow paced so you'll have no issues reaching for your keyboard to press buttons. Also if you own a racing wheel it should be possible to use your foot pedals as your rudder controls. That's what I'm doing with my setup instead of having to buy rudders I just use my pedals from my wheel. I haven't really gotten back into it to play but once I get a quad core I think I'm going to give it another go.

If you want something more arcadish then FSX might be a little much. I like messing around in BF2 flying the helis and jets because you can fly around but also shoot at targets.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote