We want to talk a bit about the current development status of the long awaited Crysis Patch 1.2. In addition to that we are going to introduce you to a number of bug fixes and also new features that are included.
Patch 1.2 – Development Status
Alright, let’s begin with the first topic. Patch 1.2 has been in development for quite some time now and we are very satisfied with its current progress. The patch as itself is nearly finished from a content point of view.
This means no new features and major changes are getting implemented unless a critical issue appears and requires immediate fixing. At the moment the tasks that are left to be done are testing the whole patch content-wise and installer-wise to ensure all bug fixes/features are working as intended and nothing else is broken.
The test phase will last until EA’s and Crytek’s Quality Assurance departments are satisfied with the overall quality and stability of the whole patch. Since this is a very important part of the patch development we have to wait for additional feedback from both QA departments in order to set and announce a release date.
Patch 1.2 – Bug Fixes & Features Introduction
In every Crysis Weekly Update we are going to feature a few of the upcoming bug fixes and/or features and talk about them a bit more detailed. The introductions for this update are:
Weapons - new grenade indicator icon
With patch 1.1 we have activated the client visibility of a hexagon icon for both team mates and enemies that displays where a grenade has been thrown at. With patch 1.2 we are improving this feature and made it more readable for everyone.
We got rid of the hexagon and replaced it with a nifty colored triangle. Additionally the type of the grenade has been added as text as well. Friendly grenades show up marked as blue on the HUD and enemy grenades as red marked.
Multiplayer - Added team colors to kill/death messages
To improve the readability of the kills/deaths that are going on during a match we added colors to these messages that appear in the upper left corner of the HUD.
Members of your team are getting displayed in a blue color whereas enemy players are displayed in a red color. So obviously seeing a blue name killing a blue name is not good and should be avoided
Since this is the first weekly update that is being sent out we are going to inform you about additional bug fixes/tweaks and also name some new features that will be included. With the upcoming weeks we try to inform you as good as possible about the change log, but no promise that we can finish the whole list until the patch is released – it is quite huge!
1. Optimizations and Stability
* Fixed potential server exploit that could cause servers to crash.
2. General Fixes/tweaks
* Added mouse wheel scrolling support for server browser.
* Fixed an issue where in unarmed mode, the character's arms will suddenly reappear
and disappear when picking up and dropping an object.
* Added new effects for vehicle shattering after being frozen.
* C4 will now stick to doors correctly.
* Added new grenade indicator icon. (explained in detail further above)
* Adjusted explosion radius of grenade launcher to be more efficient vs. players.
* Added check for players riding on vehicles while not seated to prevent them being killed.
* Tweaked damage for players hit by vehicles at lower speeds.
* Adjusted wall collision damage for civilian car.
* Improved AI machinegun handling (both stationary and mounted machineguns on
* Fixed an issue with "Escort Prophet out of sphere" objective failure causing reloading
* Added team colors to kill/death messages (explained in detail further above).
* Fixed some game states not properly resetting after game restart.
* Fixed issue where VOIP doesn't work properly on non-dedicated servers.
7. New Features
* Added auto team balance. Players will now be moved from full teams to the opposing
side when dead if the numbers are unbalanced.
So that’s it for the first Crysis Weekly Update! We hope you enjoy the information and thanks for your irresistible support
-Crysis Dev Team