View Single Post
Old 07-09-03, 03:03 PM   #29
5150 Joker
100% Certified nVidiot

Quote:
Originally posted by surfhurleydude
I love ATi fanboys and their selective quoting....

You left off the:

"There is a large disparity in performance with Antidetect in use, and an the mipmap transition do appear to be more like Trilinear, however we don't know what other things AntiDetect disables here (however, there were no other visual rendering errors, quite the opposite!)"

Part...

I seriously doubt just adding Trilinear filtering will cut the performance by such an extremely large margin.

I mean crap, think logically, the game has a damn nVidia logo when you first start the game...do you not think it's optimized for nVidia or anything?

So this proves what? Nothing, fact is performance drops by a fairly large margin in one of the tests using the script whereas it doesn't for ATi. Could be both companies are cheating and one hasn't been caught or nVidia is just up to its usual tricks. Fact is you can use trilinear using the ATi cards in UT2k3 if you set it to application preference, you cannot do it fully with the FX line. Wait till they build custom maps with textures as suggested by that Epic guy, then we'll learn more about what's up. As for the nVidia logo, that means nothing, it's just marketing.

Desktop: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR | AMD64 3000+@2.6ghz | Leadtek 7800 GTX | 2 GB Crucial PC3200 | 2x120 GB 8mb WD | Dell 2005FPW 20" LCD | Antec "TrueControl" v2 550w PSU | Lian Li PC75 modded case with H20 Cooling

Laptop: XPS Gen 2 | Samsung LCD | P-M 2.13 | nVidia 6800 Go Ultra | 2 GB DDR2 | 60GB 7200RPM HD | 8x DVD-RW/CD-RW| Dell Wireless 1450 a/b/g | Windows XP Home | 3 Yr Warranty/Complete Care.