Thank you all for the replies.
I forgot to mention I did the installation for the computers at the labs so I've dealt with the nvidia drivers. Also, this is not my first time with linux. I mounted a webserver on Fedora 6 back in the day and I used Ubuntu here and there for some school assignments over the past 6 months. Mostly light usage, nothing really complicated.
By other drivers I was thinking more along the lines of audio drivers mainly. Aldo I seem to have audio, I want to make sure all is working properly (being on-board sound and all).
So, to sum it up:
- -What are some useful shortcuts/commands to know?
- - Gnome or KDE? I think I've heard KDE is better, but I've only used Gnome in the past.
- - What are your opinions on Beryl? I've seen vids and it looks awesome.
- - Could I run any .exe with Wine? I'm interested in Adobe Flash and 3DS Max for my design clases.
- - Where can I configure standby/shutdown options? I want to be able to standby by pressing the power button. (On a side note: Hibernating takes AGES)
- - EDIT: Burning software!
Once again, thank's for all the input. Much appreciated.