Thread: Speakers...
View Single Post
Old 02-16-08, 10:54 PM   #14
Redeemed

Default Re: Speakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic
If you absolutely don't *have* to have towers, you could try these. I have not heard them firsthand, but I'm very interested in them myself.

They have a tower version as well, but they're more than you want to spend.

Here's a thread on them at AVSForum...

Here's an article about them...

EDIT: Hmmm...sorry...the Acculines are geared more toward HT, not simply music towers. But several have commented in the AVS thread regarding their music performance (with a sub, of course), so they may work well for that, too. You may have difficulty finding quality towers in your pricerange, I'm afraid...

And I see that they've come out with a revised A1, the A1R. From one of the Audio Insider guys:
Thank you for the input... but if possible I'd really like to stick with Tower speakers. Honestly, I'd prefer a box with an 8" woofer (no preference as to whether it'd be passive or active, if passive that dual 6 1/2" active woofers would be prefered)... dual 6's would work I suppose. I don't need 'em to be perfect, just decent. I don't want 'em to blow if I turn it a quarter the way up, or crackle, or distort at higher volumes. My reciever is only 100watts x 5 at 8 ohms... so I don't need them to handle a ton of power either.

Here's a comparison shot of my current towers to my LXIs so you can see the difference. Pay close attention to the X-Blade tower on the right. Notice how it stands about half the height of the LXI's, then notice it compared to the Towers:

Towers:

LXI's:

Heck, if anybody knows of a good place (other than Craigslist) to get decent refurbished or second hand speakers I'm open for that. You know, like a Salvation Army but for speakers.

Thank you all for the input... I've been eyeballing Dealtime, Newegg, and the local Craigslist listings. So far not much I'm interested in...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote