View Single Post
Old 02-26-08, 03:39 PM   #7
namuk

Default Re: The Auzen X-Tension HDMI 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf_HK
It's an extension board specifically for auzentech branded cards, not necessarily the prelude. It allows you to output sound through HDMI for use with a receiver that supports it.

I would imagine that the video input would accept any HDMI/DVI video signal, regardless of the source, and then multiplex it with the audio signal. Your video card wouldn't matter. Personally I would prefer the video and audio be on a separate path, so I won't be using that anyways (just run the audio directly to my receiver and video directly to my monitor.)

As well as 8ch LPCM, which would be better for games (you'd only use DTSHD and DTHD with movies.)

the Auzen X-Tension is only for movies and there saying $99 when it comes out that is a good deal for dts audio master and true hd

PC connected to above sound system- GA-X58A-UD7,Intel i7 920 D0,Corsair 1600 6GB. 480GTX .prelude xfi. 1TB RE3,1TB Black,RE2 500GB,2X Raptors, Enermax Galaxy 1000w.Alphacool External LCD.Coolermaster Stacker 830 Evolution 'nVidia' Special Edition
namuk is offline   Reply With Quote