- Improved power management support with GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Further improved stability on some GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug that broke certain TwinView configurations with TV-OUT on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Further improved GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap out-of-memory handling.
- Fixed a bug that could result in incorrect PowerMizer state being reported.
- Improved nvidia-xconfig behavior when updating X configuration files without a "Module" section.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 169.12
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
Please note: This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForceFX and newer NVIDIA GPUs
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...-169.12.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.05
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 169.12
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678