View Single Post
Old 02-27-08, 11:04 PM   #21
einstein_314
w00t!!

Default Re: Triple Head for NVIDIA graphics cards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinther
Mate, you obviously never ran a 3 screen system. The extra few hundred bucks for the other 2 LCD screens will be the best money you ever spend on your PC setup.

I am just going through steps to have my entire hardware platform replaced. Currently I am running a D960 processor and two 7900GT's and the machine is hired out for a year so I need a new one. Check out my 3 screen simulator videos www.youtube.com/dinther

The next PC will be a Q6700 quad core processor and a single 8800GTX card with the option to add a second 8800GTX in SLI mode. Indeed I am looking at using a Triplehead2GO Digital box this time around. The sad thing is that that box won't do 3 x 1440 x 900 so in desktop mode things will look pretty crappy.

I don't see why NVidia would not allow a 4 monitor span using two cards. Now I spend the money for that second card on Matrox equipment instead.
Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love a 3 screen system. Right now I have 2 (main 24" widescreen and a little 17" sitting off to the side). But my point is that perhaps it isn't worth it for nvidia if they spend who knows how much on developing spanning over SLI if only very few people actually use it. Really the only games that support multi-monitor spans like you're using are simulators. The majority of gamers are first person shooter or MMORPG players that don't care for more than one monitor because their games don't support it.

First they would need to get dual monitors working with SLI enabled. Right now you can't even have dual monitors with SLI. Even with both monitors attached to the same video card. This is why I'm never going SLI again. Too much of a pain.
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote