Thread: C#?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-08, 07:08 PM   #19
rhink

Default Re: C#?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaa
Thanks for your reply. I started learning Java in my university then I took a small course about C++ and YES I was clueless when it came to pointers! But things went well later.

Anyway, in Java I could create GUI and I learned about OOP:Inheritance-Encapsulation-Exceptions I don't know if there were other stuff but I don't think they were deep enough to make me fully everything. So, I want to make a clean start to make up for everything I missed. btw, what language is mostly used in modern games?

Also don't forget to enlighten me with your "perfect combination".
Dunno if there is a "perfect combination".... like I said, it depends on where you want to go. C# and SQL probably isn't going to help you write crysis, but skills gained working with C# could certainly apply. Like others said, C or C++ is going to be used in most games, just for performance reasons (no one wants Crysis freezing for 5 seconds in the middle of an intense moment to garbage collect!). I suppose the byte code style languages (ie, Java) with JIT compiling could be fast enough, you'd still have to be very cautious about managing the garbage collector, though.
rhink is offline   Reply With Quote