View Single Post
Old 03-07-08, 07:46 AM   #43
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Re: Crysis Patch 1.2 Released

I'm getting an average of 1 frame less in DX10 Vista very high at 1360x768 , r_texturestreaming 0, r_MotionBlurShutterSpeed 0.3, r_useedgeaa 0. I'm using the 169.44's. However, the framerate is much more stable.

I loaded up the mine map and before 1.2 with the 169.25's the framerate was low and very unstable as I approached the mining complex with the truck with two red explosive barrals in front of it. With 1.2 and the 169.44 the framerate is very stable and about 10fps higher. The whole game just feels more solid. I have yet to play it long enough but it sounds like the performance degradation after long play may have been fixed.

The only problem I'm having is that I can no longer modify the controller settings. Before it was done by modifying the actionmap.xml in the profiles folder. When I modify the button configs in the actionmap and load a game the game seems to be overwriting my settings and reverting back to the default actionmap. Even when I overwrite the default profile's actionmap it still reverts back. It's annoying because by default there is no way to toggle crouch or prone with a controller.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote