View Single Post
Old 07-18-03, 08:36 AM   #6
zakelwe

Quote:
Originally posted by saturnotaku
If you looked at my signature you wouldn't have had to ask that question. I can fit enough groceries in my car to get me by each week. And I'll still have room to transport my laptop, Xbox and whatever.

But if you've spent any significant amount of time on these boards, you'd know darn well my stance on 3dmark. I believe this program, especially the 2001 iteration, is worthless, except to test video card overclocking stability. If I had a PIII 600/GeForce2 MX and you had a P4 3.2/Radeon 9800, yeah you're going to get a better 3dmark score. But if we were at a LAN party and I beat your *** at Counterstrike or UT that would be far more satisfying.

To use the car analogy, that would be like a stock Camaro Z28 beating up on a riced out Civic.
But you weren't saying your stance, you were trying to give an impression it was everyones stance, ie a generalisation. Your statement also tried to be seen as being "right" by using emotive language.

To be honest, if we all know your stance on 3dmark then you didn't need to say it.

The answer to the first question is still no, although cpu dependant you will still need a 4200 with higher core and mem than 300/600.

Regards

Andy
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote