View Single Post
Old 07-18-03, 09:18 AM   #3
digitalwanderer

Default Which one?

I still love 3dm2k1se for system stability testing and to compare me system pre-upgrade to post-upgrade, it's about the best all-around system tester I know for D3D.

I don't like 3dm2k3 so much since it is just so graphic card intensive that it pretty much ignores the rest of the system, I wish it would be just a bit more holistic in it's system measurements.

3dm2k is still the nut-buster for me to see if an OC is good, if it can make it thru Helicopter high-detail it can make it thru just about anything....it's also great for testing older systems out with. (I build a lot of cheap web-cruisers/kid gamer systems for families that don't have PCs, my way of giving back I guess and keeping too many old parts from clogging up my basement/garage...plus it might be a cheap old PC put together from spare bits but to a 3-5 year old it is a top-o-the-line wonderbox! )

So I guess I like 'em, but not 3dm2k3 so much 'cept for the fact that it's brought the whole "optimization" issue to light....I owe it a nod for that if nothing else.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote