View Single Post
Old 03-27-08, 10:23 AM   #18
jewli

Default Re: HP Photo and Imaging Director Hates IE7

Great. It looks like this works. I was having the same problem for a long time and just found this. However, I created the *.js file and when I changed the target to point to it it changed the hp icon and wont now open. I can't remember the name of the *.exe file to put it back to how it was, so I may now have to reinstall the app. if I can find it. I pointed the target path to the js file. What did I do wrong? Appreciate a feedback. J

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffydee
.....copy.....

Click (or double-click) on the Director Icon like you normally do to run it... the program is starting, but hiding.

After a second or two, hit <ALT><Space> on the keyboard. That will "pop-up" a dialog box... click "Minimize" (may have to click it twice). You will then see the Director icon appear in the taskbar. Click the taskbar Director button and the program will then come up and work normally.

OR

put the following text in a .txt file with Notepad and save as a .js file, give it any name, put file somewhere on your pc and change the target for your HP Director icon so that it goes to the .js file. HP Director should now open normally although larger box than usual!

var WshShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
var dirfile="C:\\Program Files\\Hewlett-Packard\\Digital Imaging\\bin\\Hpqdirec.exe";
var oExec = WshShell.Exec(dirfile);
WScript.Sleep(3000);
WshShell.SendKeys("%( )"); //equivalent of Alt+spacebar
WshShell.SendKeys("nn"); //equivalent of click minimize twice
oExec = WshShell.Exec(dirfile);

D
jewli is offline   Reply With Quote