View Single Post
Old 04-02-08, 05:13 PM   #1
Naveen

Question MM Kernel Mod Compilation Issue (linux-2.6.25-rc8-mm1, 169.12+) [patch was supplied]

EDIT: Have not tried Valdis's patch yet, will report back at some point hopefully!

Hi All, thanks for having me here at your forums!

I have received a compile time error from the .run NVIDIA installer on an {EDIT: MM VARIANT}-rc kernel. I patched the 2 installers with the patch from the sticky here and ran both with expert mode install option. Both produced similar looking nvidia-installer logfile output, however, I'm no expert in that and that's what I'm looking for your help on here please.

My system; Arch Linux with stock and custom (2.6.24.4-rt4) kernels. I built an 169.12 nvidia.ko module against 2.6.24.4-rt4 successfully for this realtime kernel I'm running now. My kernel builds were done outside the Arch packaging system. Default Arch kernel .config was modified heavily/quickly

I built a 2.6.25-rc8-mm1 kernel using the recent patch and then tried to build against this. Error was different before patching the stock .run file. 171.06 also fails for me ?at?

/tmp/selfgz5080/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-169.12-pkg2-custom/usr/src/nv/nv.c

I will attach the logs for my 169.12 patched installer, with the 171.06 patched installer (was looking to try the glyph cache out and see if 2 or 4 setting works for me). Either one may answer my question. Any other info I can also add in further posts below.

This one looks technical to me folks I don't have experience with the make output really at the moment to properly parse it fully. Please give me a hand here Back on 169.12 on a 2.6.24-rt4 for now.

Thanks for your time !!! Havent done this kind of thing for a while ,,,
Attached Files
File Type: log nvidia-installer.log (11.1 KB, 102 views)
File Type: log nvidia-installer-17x.xx.log (11.1 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by Naveen; 04-05-08 at 01:06 AM.
Naveen is offline   Reply With Quote