View Single Post
Old 04-05-08, 12:39 PM   #925
FearMeAll

Default Re: 3DMark06 Benchmark Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs
Grats on the new rig, bud. These GX2's are CPU limited at low res's. If you run a test at your max res I bet you lose almost no points. Give it a go and post back. Also, some pics would be nice in the 'Post your rig' thread
sure will my friend..having issues with my ram though...I have some boot problems every now and then and whenever I remove the second 2 gig stick all of my problems go away...hate that...gonna see if there is a bios update because this problem happens no matter what low clocks I set it at. My mobo may have a problem with the patriot extreme ram. It is rated to run at 1600mhz at 7-7-7-20 at 1.9 volts. stays cool at that voltage.
BTW running at 1600mhz FSB now..stable.
Gotta get my camera back so I can take pics of this rig..
gonna run 3dmark with this 1600mhz FSB now..the motherboard is rated to run at that and I just turned it up there.
still at 4ghz though- that's enough for God's sake.
edit- Think I found the problem!The sticks are rated at 7-7-7-20 and one of the sticks works fine at this but the other does not so I just relaxed the timings a hair and it seems to have resolved the issue.
Now running 1600mhz ram in sync mode with the FSB which is also at 1600mhz...sweet! gonna run some benchies!!
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote