View Single Post
Old 04-06-08, 12:01 AM   #1
witakr

Default Errors Installing BFG 6200 OC on a Fedora 8 i686 32bit machine. Please Help!

Hello, I'm running Fedora 8 (2.6.23-1.42.fc8 i686) on a 32bit system

I am trying to install and use my BFG GeForce 6200 OC video card.

A. When I install the card WITHOUT modifying the etc/X11/xorg.conf file I get the Kernel Panic error in the first two screenshots(there are 2 edited screenshots of the same screen, I was forced to do that because the original pic was bigger than 100kb, KernelPanic-A.jpg and KernelPanic-B.jpg are from the same screenshot)

B. When I install the video card after editing the file, /etc/X11/xorg.conf:
After changing the Driver setting to 'nv' then reboot with card installed. I get an error screen that contains only [<c####>] messages just like in KernelPanic-A.jpg, however I am unable to get a picture that is helpful because the screen will continuously scroll those trace messages much faster than is possible to read them. and when you look at them they are all one big blur.

Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Videocard0"
    Driver         "nv"
EndSection
C. When I reboot after removing the video card I get an error that says it couldn't load X. then it gives the messages found in the 2 log files i have attached.

D. When i reboot after editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change the Driver setting to 'nouveau' I get the error screen shown bellow in in the screenshots named C-Trace-A.jpg and C-Trace-B.jpg, again edited for file size.

Code:
Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Videocard0"
    Driver         "nouveau"
EndSection
E. When I reboot after removing the video card I get an error that says it couldn't load X. then it gives the messages found in the 2 log files i have attached.

If you need more detail please ask, I will be checking this thread several times a day for replies.,

Thank you for your help.

Here is a URL to the Log files, I couldn't upload them both, also due to restriction imposed on this forum:
http://www.witakr.com/xorglogs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KernelPanic-A.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	30966  Click image for larger version

Name:	KernelPanic-B.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	30967  Click image for larger version

Name:	C-Trace-A.jpg