View Single Post
Old 04-09-08, 04:38 PM   #50
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Re: Assassin's creed released today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivefeet8
The game is very nice. Graphics are great as well. I'm playing it in Dx10 and it runs great at 1680x1050 16xAF/Level2 AA option. I like the way you can choose to play the game. Run through the streets picking fights, climb to the rooftops and jump from rooftop to rooftop like a ninja, or sneak by everyone on the streets quietly and assassinate anyone.

The number of NCP's are incredibly high in some scenes. I'm guessing the game becomes very CPU limited when that happens. Luckily, it seems to make good use of Quad core CPU's. The game has some of the largest playable city scapes I've seen. The towns you get to explore are just insanely large. Especially when viewed from high. I also like the way almost every thing in the game is climbable. Every building, every fence, are parrallax mapped and can be climbed over or on top of. Would be kinda cool if you could also climb the side of mountains though.
Umm...what drivers are you using. We have very similar systems and in DX10 at 1360x768 even with AA on level 2 the game is pretty slow in Damascus. I figure it's got to have something to do with drivers or the fact that I'm running Vista x64 as opposed to x86.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote