View Single Post
Old 04-10-08, 01:58 PM   #11
|MaguS|

Default Re: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noriega
Pissed cause of consoles casuals this game changed from tactical shooter to some "mom help me playing Im lame" game. The same happened to Deus Ex and think this same will going to happen with Fallout 3.

Sorry but this game is very near complexity level of Terrorist Takedown.
This is what ticks me off, when you automically generalize all console games as "dumb down" because your favorite franchise was changed to appeal to a wider majority then continue selling to a strict few.

Rainbow six was "dumbed down" before it ever went to console. If I remember correctly both the original and Rogue Spear were able to be brought over to the PS1 and DC perfectly fine. Hell Deus Ex was brought over to the PS2 in the same fashion. They aren't "dumbed down" because they are being developed for consoles but rather to sell more copies... its to appeal to a far larger market then the little tactical shooter market.

You guys need to stop seeing everything so narrow, developers are in it for one thing... money. If they make a game to suit the needs of tactical shooter fans they wont sell nearly as much as people who like a balance between action and tactics.

I loved the original R6 and still do but I don't think these new ones are horrible because I consider them something else. Not in the same genre as the originals.