EVGA 790i Ultra Motherboard
EVGA 8800 GTX Videocard
G.SKILL 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600 CL7 Ram
PC Power & Cooling 750w Power supply
Coolermaster Cosmos S Case
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Soundcard
Thermalright Ultima 90 Heatsink with a Panaflo 92mm fan
2x 500GB Western Digital Sata 2 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives

I've been having non-stop problems with the memory, three times in a row had to RMA back to newegg due to one stick in the set being bad and always failing memtest with thousands and thousands of errors. I got abit discouraged but had an idea, I setup a refund at newegg and then ordered another set of the ram, so I had two sets of 2x2GB, again one stick was bad in the new set. I took both "good" sticks from each set and ran the together in memtest, they passed, ran them Separately, they passed.

I was happy, could even run @ 1600 linked and synced 7-7-7 18 1T with stock voltages. I turn it back to 1333 due to the reported 790i corruption issues at 1600+. A week goes by and I start to have problems, games freezing sometimes, lockups, bluescreens when just browsing the web. I decide to run memtest again, errors galore where as a week ago it was fine.

I've tried going to 1600 again just to test, and it will black screen before booting into windows at 7-7-7-18 1T now, or plain bluescreen and reboot. I've tried upping the SPP to 1.4v, CPU FSB to 1.35v, and Memory to 1.85v and 1.9v to test (Temporarily, I don't like going this high but wanted to see if it'd get into windows). But it doesn't help.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has had problems with G.Skill. Or what could the problem be, is the motherboard slowly killing the sticks? Is G.Skill just not right for this board? It's odd though as I've seen jAkUp and a few others use G.Skill.

Heres a picture running at 1333 Linked and Synced 7-7-7-18 1T @ 1.9v after a memtest86+ 5hour run.
This is using the new P04 bios, though P03 gave the same results.

HaVoK-G2 is offline   Reply With Quote