View Single Post
Old 07-26-03, 09:35 PM   #1
puterguy

Default nVidia gets an "F" for Linux support

I am really *pissed* at nVidia. I do not expect them to have perfect Linux support, but they could at a minimum at least respond to and acknowledge the existence of major bugs in their Linux drivers affecting multiple users.

About 6 months ago, I discovered a bug which caused "jaggies" to appear when playing videos at fullscreen on LCD screens.

This bug did not appear in release 3123 but has affected all driver releases since 3123. The bug has been verified in a repeatable fashion by many other users

Over the past 6+ months,
-- I have repeatedly submitted bug reports to nVidia
-- I and many others have kept going a long running thread on this issue in which we have characterized the exact conditions causing the bug(http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...pthreadid=6177)
-- I have sent Andy Meechem multiple PMs asking him for some response on this issue.

Again, not only has nVidia not fixed the bug, they have not even acknowledged its existence or responded to any of the bug reports. Why does it take 6+ months to get even a simple reply such as "we know this is a problem and we are (or are not) going to be addressing it". Simple courtesy would indicate that such reports deserve at least a form letter response.

What is going on here?
Intel P4 2.8GHz
1.5GB PC2700 DDR Kingston
Leadtek Ultra A250 GF4 4600 128MB with VIVO/TVO
WinFast TV2000XP Deluxe
Dell 1901FP 19" LCD
Antec 400W Power Supply
puterguy is offline   Reply With Quote