View Single Post
Old 05-19-08, 05:07 PM   #195
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Age of Conan Feedback thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye
Well first off I did not play the Beta a whole lot, I wanted to be able to experience as much of the game new when it went live as I could.
Yeah I played the open beta but I didn't just enough to get a taste of each class.

Quote:
But from the classes that I did try out in Beta, Demo & Necro, I did find that there were a few small changes, for the better imo. Things like DPS, how pets work, I could not find a pet control bar besides that little tiny one on the UI, now we have an actual tool bar for it.
Very interesting! I hated the pet bar but I loved the necro class. It will be my first toon.

Could you do me a favor and post a picture of the pet bar? I would great appreciate it.

Quote:
Mob spawn points are different. When you came out of the main city gate and head up the volcano to right where you crossed that first bridge there was a spawn point there and past. That seems to be gone so you can continue to quests.

But the general feeling I have about the game is very good. But itís nothing like starting areas in WoW with mobs you just go out and kill and simple quests. Because of the nature of the game you are mostly alone in the beginning lvlís, with instanced quest areas. I like this so far as it allows me to play the game at my own pace.

This is not typical of other MMO where there is a mad rush at spawn areas to kill quest mobs.
Yeah, we will have to reach 20 to get the full taste of this game, which is good. Most MMOs are fun up till level 20. Then they crap out and become boring.

Quote:
I like it so far

FPS is 30-50 for my system (not my new rig, but my older QX7600, 8800GTX rig. I will install it on my new rig today or tomorrow), no stuttering or lag that I have felt anywhere. Game is very smooth, nice graphics etc.

I have 1 of each of the 3 casters, all lvl 10 so far and moving along at a nice pace.
Good to know.

Let me ask you this. Did they change the Demo's power? In the open beta he could one shot most normal mobs. It seemed way over powered.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote