View Single Post
Old 05-21-08, 03:16 PM   #6
Registered User
wolfgar's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 164
Default Re: Should I upgrade anything at this point?

Originally Posted by Revs
Yeah, I would hold out until at least these new gfx cards come out (about a month, hopefully) and maybe think about a E8400, especially if you overclock.

You have a good PSU? Sounds like we're gonna need one with these GTX280's, etc

The Yorktown Quads should be shipping again soon, at higher clocks and cheaper prices. As they are also 45nm (actually 2 C2D's on one CPU) they should overclock well.

I have always strenuously supported the right of every man to his own opinion, however different that opinion might be to mine. He who denies another this right makes a slave of himself to his present opinion, because he precludes himself the right of changing it. Thomas Paine (1737-1809), The Age of Reason, 1783
wolfgar is offline   Reply With Quote