View Single Post
Old 05-28-08, 11:25 AM   #14
CaptnStubing

Default Re: help!!! how to remap some keys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr1cK
I bought an N52 years ago and it just totally sucks IMO. I've never even been able to give it away. Maybe if you have some tiny little hand that actually can use the wrist rest, then it could be good, but I have to cramp myself to use it and it doesn't provide any more buttons than the left half of the keyboard does. I tried it recently for AOC, but it still sucks. The D-pad was my idea for swings too, but it's just not coordinated enough when you add shields in and having to do combos. Plus, how your thumb rests on it about 90 degrees off from normal is just weird.
Gaming devices is completely objectionable. Everyone will find something they like or do not like.

You do not have to have small hand. Mine are normal size and the device gives you two positions.

I don't need a lot of buttons. I don't like running all over my keyboard finding buttons.

For me any most people I know that have used a nostromo they like it. The D pad in in the perfect position. I understand it feels awkward for you. That is cool. I have the same problem with the keyboard. It just feels off to me. It's just one of those things we can't explain to each other.

Having said that the Nostromo is a good quality product. In this case it isn't the product you like.

Quote:
The smart way to game on an MMO is with the keyboard and a quality mouse that has some thumb buttons that you can bind to CTRL, ALT, or Shift. I have my 2 bound to CTRL and ALT thru the Razer software. This way you can bing CTRL-1 or ALT-2 or whatever to a whole nother action bar. Binding one function to mouse buttons is pretty dumb IMO, when you can open up a ton more options using a modifier key.
As opposed to my stupid way of gaming on a MMO? I'm just messing with ya.

Now this is what I don't get. I completely dislike Razor's mice. I find then junky and odd shaped. I love my G5. But as I said, to each their own.

Quote:
There is also a fix for that mod. It takes about 5 minutes to do it.
http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/MirageUI
Good that they fixed it quickly. I will be sticking to the UI I have now. I get tired of constantly installing new addons.

Oh and does anyone know how to get rid of the movies in the beginning? I hate that crap. Sure it is only 6 esc buttons to get rid of it but damn I want it all gone. Even if you rename the movies in the folder the game just sees your files as missing and will download them again... EVERY TIME! I hate all of those intro movies. I don't care if this is "THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE PLAYED"! I just want to play it.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote