- Added support for the following new GPUs:
- Quadro FX 3600M
- GeForce 9800 GX2
- GeForce 9800 GTX
- GeForce 9600 GT
- GeForce 9600 GSO
- GeForce 9600 GS
- GeForce 9500M GS
- GeForce 8400
- GeForce 8400 GS
- Added support for Quadro FX 5600/4600 SDI and Quadro G-Sync II.
- Resolved a bug causing left and right eyes to be reversed in stereo mode on some Quadro FX GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused OpenGL to stop rendering to windows with origins at or beyond 4096 pixels (horizontally) on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Fixed a bug causing some Quadro FX 4500 SDI configurations to take a long time to achieve synchronization.
- Added preliminary support for X.Org server 1.5.
- Addressed a problem causing visual corruption when using GeForce 8 GPUs to drive Chi Mei 56" displays.
- Addressed visual corruption when driving Cintiq 20WSX wide format tables with some GeForce 6 and 7 GPUs.
- Fixed OpenGL rendering corruption with textures compressed using the DXT5 compression algorithm.
- Fixed a regression that caused invalid EDIDs to be detected for the internal display device on some notebooks.
- Fixed a regression causing some GeForce 6100/6150 systems to fail to restore the screen after DPMS cycles.
- Fixed interlaced modes on GeForce 8 GPUs.
- Fixed a problem that caused the synchronization signal polarity to always be positive for DVI devices on GeForce 8 and 9 GPUs.
- Resolved a problem resulting in X startup to fail on some GeForce 8 and 9 systems without swap space.
- Fixed a problem that caused TV output on secondary TVs to be black and white on some GPUs.
- Resolved a bug that could cause the X driver to crash in various out-of-IPC-resource scenarios; documented common IPC resource related problems in the README.
- Added initial support for FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/i386
is available for download via HTTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
If you are using FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE
or a more recent FreeBSD 6.x
release, please make sure that the compat5x-i386
package is installed.
Note that the gtk-2.x ports package(s) shipped with FreeBSD releases > 5.3-RELEASE
are binary incompatible with those shipped with FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE
; due to this, the `nvidia-settings`
binary shipped with 173.14.05
will not work on FreeBSD > 5.3-RELEASE
. This problem can be solved by (re-)building `nvidia-settings`
Please note: This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForceFX and newer NVIDIA GPUs
# fetch ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nv...3.14.05.tar.gz
# tar zxf nvidia-settings-1.0.tar.gz
# cd nvidia-settings-1.0# gmake
# install nvidia-settings /usr/X11R6/bin
, GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.05
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 173.14.05
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678