View Single Post
Old 05-28-08, 05:27 PM   #102
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Re: Mass Effect (PC) Feedback Thread

Finally got it installed and started a new game. It looks great. I had this when I had a 360 and I liked the film grain effect but I don't like it at all now. I don't know if it's just that my preference has changed or if something is different about the effect. I want to say that it wasn't as pronounced on the 360. It's a bit surprising to me because I'm a big fan of film grain generally, but it seems like the grains are huge and it just looks ugly. Using nhancer I was able to force supersampling AA at 2x2 and it looks fantastic. I'm running the game on my HDTV at 1366x768 so doing SSAA 2x2 doesn't destroy performance for me. Now I just gotta figure out a way to get the new UI working with my wireless 360 controller. I know they added a lot by way of the UI but I wish they would have still retained controller support. I like gaming from my couch.

C2D @ 3.0GHz | GA-P35-DS3L | 4GB DDR2 | HIS AMD 6990 4GB | OS X Lion 10.7 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
brady is offline   Reply With Quote